FB Pixel Property Purchase in Thailand | Juslaws & Consult
OTHER NEWS & LEGAL ARTICLES
RDF Production, Waste to Clean Energy

14 Jun RDF Production, Waste to Clean Energy, Recycling solutions and environmental management in Thailand

Due to the rapid increase of the population, Thailand has a growing waste problem. More than half of the waste produced per day – 48,000 of 74,000 tons – could be reused for energy or recycling,  but less than 3,700 tons per day are - statistically and many of the few existing facilities underperform or are out of service.

Nowadays in Thailand there are excellent opportunities for Refuse-derived fuel (RDF) Production, Waste to Clean Energy, Recycling solutions and environmental management.

However, project owners and developers face complex challenges such as:

- Finding the right technology and best supplier

- Assessing available resources and project risks correctly

- Producing the necessary technical, legal and financial data and documents for banks

- Following the correct engineering and legal process

- Finding the right investor for successful funding

Juslaws & Consult (J&C) through our Corporate, Project Finance and Energy divisions, provide full Advice & Process for your project in Thailand and Asean countries. Our engineers, lawyers and project finance team will assist you on:

- Project Feasibility (Technical, Legal, Financial)

- Project Concept, Design and Layout

- Project Creation (Project Company, Concessions, Site Selection, PPA, ToR, EPC Selection)

- Project Finance (Investor Acquisition, Proposals, Negotiation)

Property Purchase in Thailand

07 Mar Property Purchase in Thailand

Many are keen of acquiring property in Thailand. Leasing and purchasing land, house, villa and condominium unit are mostly observed.

As a buyer, it is essential to know the legalities involved in acquiring property. As a foreigner, before purchasing a property anywhere in Thailand, it is recommended that you discuss your options and the process with the experts (e.g. Civil and Commercial Lawyers)

Foreigners may own condominium unit(s) freehold and outright 100% therefore making this option the least complicated and the best option for a foreigner wishing to purchase property in Thailand. Since1991, Thailand Condominium Act (No. 2) have enabled foreigners eligible to buy condominium unit(s) with freehold title and contained their name in the title deed, Condominiums in Thailand are constantly on the rise, leaving no land to spare. Condominium unit(s) may be brought off-plan or one that has already been built. This purchase may also take place between natural persons or directly brought from the developer. Condominiums in Thailand have a foreign quota of 49% purchasers, which means that only 49% of the total space/units of a condominium can be owned by foreigners on a freehold title. The other 51% is referred to Thai Nationals. Before purchasing a condominium unit in Thailand, it is advised to ensure that the foreign quota has not exceeded.

Foreigners may also choose to lease out a premise for the maximum period permissible by law of 30 years. Generally, there is an extension of the lease permissible for a period of up to 90 years, however, the land departments are usually reluctant to register such a lease, and this is also upon the discretion of the land and house owner. The lease options give a legal right to reside and possess the house with an option to sub-lease however with the permission of the land owner. Leases are not transferable however they are inheritable if it is agreed between the parties and is stipulated in the contract.

Basic guidelines:

  1. Due diligence over the house and land you will acquire to insure it is free from encumbrance
  2. Revision of clauses in the contracts covering your rights and best interest
  3. Registration of conveyance to ensure that legal acquisition of property is fulfilled

Whether purchasing a condominium, villa or a house, it is suggested that prior to making such a purchase, once you have found something of interest, to contact a lawyer or solicitor before proceeding.

At Jus Laws & Consult we offer specialized services with our knowledgeable lawyers on local and International law to assist with foreign acquisition of property. Contact us today at
our office either in Bangkok or in Phuket for a free basic consultation!

PPP and Civil Construction Projects in Thailand (Newletter March 2016 Part 5)

24 Mar PPP and Civil Construction Projects in Thailand (Newletter March 2016 Part 5)

Newsletter Juslaws & Consult (J&C) – March 2016 Part 5: PPP and Civil Construction Projects in Thailand 

5 planned mega infrastructure projects (rail and highways) expected to cost about Bt334 billion might be considered for Public Private Partnerships Fast-Track scheme, one of them is the Bt152-billion Bangkok-Rayong high speed-rail project. The PPP Fast-Track scheme will shorten the consideration of projects from 24 months to 8. The recent amendments on PPP Act says that non infrastructure projects with investment between Bt1 billion and Bt5 billion or infrastructure projects with an investment of less than Bt1 billion will not have to go through the PPP Policy Committee.

Thailand will have a new Bt2.1-trillion 20-year plan to develop the motorway network. The country see these investments to bring a multiplier effect by more than two times worth Bt5.7 trillion for the economy. The plan for 2016-36 will cover 21 routes with a combined length of 6,612 km. The Public Private Partnership (PPP) scheme will be used as the investment model. Juslaws & Consult will be awarded as official PPP consultant of these projects during 2016 and will provide professional legal and business advice in some of the key projects.

On the other hand, one of the largest infrastructure projectsin Asia will begin in 2016: the double-track railway project that will link China and Thailand. The project is part of the Pan-Asia Railway Network’s central route, which will connect the countries of China, Laos, Thailand, Malaysia and Singapore. The Thai Government expects to have the civil construction contracts completely signed during the first quarter of 2016. In addition to this the Transport Ministry announced that 17 infrastructure megaprojects more with a value of 927 billion baht will be tendered in 2016 and 2017.

Part 1: Petroleum Concessions in Thailand

Part 2: GTCC Membership

Part 3: Boi Seminar

Part 4:Thailand Japan Young Entrepreneurs Networking

Part 5: PPP and Civil Construction Projects in Thailand

Part 6: 2016 Acquisition of Hotels & Resorts in Thailand and Due Diligence Report

Property Purchase in Thailand

Many are keen of acquiring property in Thailand. Leasing and purchasing land, house, villa and condominium unit are mostly observed.

As a buyer, it is essential to know the legalities involved in acquiring property. As a foreigner, before purchasing a property anywhere in Thailand, it is recommended that you discuss your options and the process with the experts (e.g. Civil and Commercial Lawyers)

Foreigners may own condominium unit(s) freehold and outright 100% therefore making this option the least complicated and the best option for a foreigner wishing to purchase property in Thailand. Since1991, Thailand Condominium Act (No. 2) have enabled foreigners eligible to buy condominium unit(s) with freehold title and contained their name in the title deed, Condominiums in Thailand are constantly on the rise, leaving no land to spare. Condominium unit(s) may be brought off-plan or one that has already been built. This purchase may also take place between natural persons or directly brought from the developer. Condominiums in Thailand have a foreign quota of 49% purchasers, which means that only 49% of the total space/units of a condominium can be owned by foreigners on a freehold title. The other 51% is referred to Thai Nationals. Before purchasing a condominium unit in Thailand, it is advised to ensure that the foreign quota has not exceeded.

Foreigners may also choose to lease out a premise for the maximum period permissible by law of 30 years. Generally, there is an extension of the lease permissible for a period of up to 90 years, however, the land departments are usually reluctant to register such a lease, and this is also upon the discretion of the land and house owner. The lease options give a legal right to reside and possess the house with an option to sub-lease however with the permission of the land owner. Leases are not transferable however they are inheritable if it is agreed between the parties and is stipulated in the contract.

Basic guidelines:

  1. Due diligence over the house and land you will acquire to insure it is free from encumbrance
  2. Revision of clauses in the contracts covering your rights and best interest
  3. Registration of conveyance to ensure that legal acquisition of property is fulfilled

Whether purchasing a condominium, villa or a house, it is suggested that prior to making such a purchase, once you have found something of interest, to contact a lawyer or solicitor before proceeding.

At Jus Laws & Consult we offer specialized services with our knowledgeable lawyers on local and International law to assist with foreign acquisition of property. Contact us today at
our office either in Bangkok or in Phuket for a free basic consultation!

Icon - Back to top