FB Pixel Non-Immigrant Visa in Thailand | Juslaws & Consult Co., Ltd

Visa in Thailand

Non-Immigrant Visa in Thailand

Non-immigrant Visa A foreigner wishing to enter Thailand for reasons other than tourism must apply for a non-Immigrant visa before arrival. The application can be for a one-year multiple-entry visa with an initial 90-day stay or for a single-entry 90-day visa. There are numerous non-immigrant visa categories but the most commonly issued are:

  1. Business (B-type)
  2. Marriage
  3. Dependent or retirement (O-type)
  4. Education (ED-type).
In addition to these types of non-immigrant visa, there are several other categories, including type D, which is a diplomatic visa issued to employees of foreign embassies in Thailand, type M, for accredited mass media representatives, type EX for applicants who perform skilled or expert work in a certain field and IM or IB, which are visa types for foreign investors setting up companies under Board of Investment (BOI) guidelines.

Additional non-immigrant visa types include type F, for a foreigner performing official duties, R for missionaries, RS for individuals engaged in scientific research, and S for those participating in sporting events. The non-immigrant visa indicates the period during which the holder can enter Thailand. This does not relate to the length of time the visa holder will be granted as their permission to stay in the country. The permission to stay is indicated by a date stamped in the foreigner’s passport by the Immigration official, showing the date by which they must exit the country.

Those holding a non-immigrant visa and wishing to travel outside of Thailand during their permitted duration of stay must obtain either a single or multiple re-entry permits before exiting the country, otherwise the visa will not be valid when they try to re-enter Thailand. At the end of the initial 90-day period, it is possible to apply for an extension of stay from within Thailand, and the rules vary depending on the visa type. The extension of a business visa follows a different set of regulations that are more rigorous. If the Immigration Bureau grants an extension of stay, the visa holder must report to Immigration every 90 days to register their address. There is a fine for failure to comply with this regulation, of 200 baht per day, up to a maximum of 5,000 baht.

If an extension of stay is not granted, the foreigner will need to leave the country to apply for another non-immigrant visa at a Thai embassy or consulate in their home country or in another country near to Thailand. Attorneys in the Juslaws Immigration Practice have been assisting foreigners with non-immigrant visa applications for years and have a deep knowledge of the government’s regulations as well as a network of professional and government contacts. Our firm provides service to businesses and individuals in securing visas for business, marriage, retirement, education and a variety of other non-Immigrant pur


Your Name

Your Phone Number

Your Email

Your Message

Security Code

Icon - Back to top